Rust is one of the most common problems at home. Corrosion happens when metal combines with oxygen. This process produces ugly and damaging rust on virtually any tools and appliances at home with metal surfaces.
Read more About How to Remove Rust from Hard Surfaces.
Corroded surfaces can be a pain to clean, and removing rust is not an easy task. It is important to eliminate rust stains when you spot them completely.
While good old elbow grease still works, you can make the task of removing rust from metal surfaces with these three tried and true methods.
More than an ingredient, vinegar has thousands of uses around the house. It is known as one of the best cleaners that you can find right in your cupboard, and rightly so.
Vinegar's key component is acid, which is an effective rust cleaner. You can easily remove deep-seated rust from tools by soaking them in white vinegar for at least 24 hours. Extend the soaking if more rust still remains.
For metal surfaces on bigger appliances, use a rag soaked in vinegar to wipe and rub over the rusted areas. If the corroded section is tough to remove, spray vinegar over the surface, then let it sit for a few minutes. Then, use a steel brush or wool to remove the stains.
Alternatively, you may also use aluminum foil as a substitute for steel wool.
Using Lemon Juice and Salt
Not all metal surfaces can be cleaned using vinegar, which can be harsh and abrasive. Salt and lemon are good options if you are looking for a mild rust remover. The combination of these two popular kitchen staples is perfect for light rust stains.
Salt effectively loosens rust particles due to its abrasive nature. On the other hand, lemon juice, and other similar citrus fruits, such as lime, are known to be mildly acidic, which melts rust.
Start by mixing salt and lemon juice thoroughly to create a paste. Then, use a clean rag to apply the solution on the rusted surface. Let it take effect for a few hours. Then, scrub it off using a brush.
Using Bring It On Cleaner
While vinegar, lemon juice, and salt are popular rust removers, these ingredients are somewhat inconsistent. Rust can settle in deep into any surface so that no amount of white vinegar or line can truly root it out. Also, they do not prevent any future build-up, which means you will have it clean the rust off again.
Luckily, Bring It On Cleaner can effectively remove rusts on virtually any metal surface. Its unique formulation is the product of more than a decade of testing and experimentation. That means you can clean any rust stains each and every time!
Bring It On Cleaner is not only effective on rust, but it can also eliminate hard water spots, stains, mineral deposits, and more. Aside from metal surfaces, you can use it on ceramic tiles, glass, aluminum, fiberglass, chrome, and every other surface in your home.
It is also available in various sets and cleaning accessories like brushes, drill pads, and corner brushes. Bring It On Cleaner is the last rust remover you will ever need.
Why Choose Bring It On Cleaner Over Traditional Methods?
- Bring It On Cleaner isn't limited to just removing rust; it is also potent against hard water spots, stains, and mineral deposits.
- It's suitable for various surfaces like ceramic tiles, glass, aluminum, fiberglass, and chrome, offering multifunctional cleaning.
- Unlike natural remedies, its formulation ensures consistent results, making it reliable for all your rust removal needs.
- Backed by over a decade of testing, you're assured of its efficacy.
- Bring It On Cleaner doesn't just remove rust; it also provides a level of protection against future build-ups, reducing the frequency of clean-ups.
- Investing in Bring It On Cleaner might save you money in the long run. Since it's effective on a multitude of surfaces and stains, it can replace several specialized cleaning products in your cupboard.
Ease of Use
- Available with multiple cleaning accessories like brushes, drill pads, and corner brushes, it streamlines the cleaning process, making it less tedious.
Safety and Environmental Concerns
- Unlike some industrial rust removers, Bring It On Cleaner is formulated to be safe for most household surfaces, ensuring you don't damage your prized possessions in the cleaning process.
- It's crucial to choose products that are considerate of the environment, and with Bring It On Cleaner, you're making an eco-friendlier choice.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is rust harmful to humans?
While rust itself isn't typically harmful if ingested in small amounts, it can introduce tetanus bacteria through cuts, requiring a tetanus shot.
Can I use apple cider vinegar instead of white vinegar for rust removal?
Yes, apple cider vinegar can also remove rust due to its acidic nature, but white vinegar might be more cost-effective for larger tasks.